The market was changing: people are more informed, they search for online information before purchasing a product or visiting a branch and, more importantly, they are more willing to trust their peers more than a brand.
This situation, together with the increasing importance of social media resulted in the fact that ambassador marketing was something on which ING Belgium wanted to focus.
- Create a community of proud ambassadors, starting with their employees.
- Involve their ambassadors to share ING’s content with their network on social media channels.
- Increase their online reach.
ING Belgium’s program consists out of three pillars:
- The awareness stage: inform employees that ING really wants them to spread the word about the company on their social networks and give tips on how to do this through an interactive e-learning.
- Facilitate promotership: provide ambassadors with relevant content for their target audience, and make it very easy to share.
- Rewards: It is important to show appreciation for the ambassadors’ contributions. However, ING Belgium believes that ambassadors should share the content because they are proud to be part of the community or they feel the content is interesting for the network of the ambassador, and not only for the rewards.
Increased online reach.
A community of ambassadors that help them share their content.
Employees are more involved with ING’s activities and promotion.
We are very happy with the results because now we have an increased reach that we didn’t have before […] and, on top of that, now we have a larger community of promoters.
Request a Demo
Start to explore our solution.