How Education Industries are Succeeding with Employee Advocacy
Employee advocacy offers lots of things in many different industry types. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at two different education groups and see how they are using advocacy to their advantage.
Université Libre de Bruxelles
The Université Libre de Bruxelles is a French-Speaking research university in Brussels. University is all about engaging with students. However it is not only about that. Also between the students and the University. For them starting an engagement programme meant creating a closer connection between the students and the University. How could they build a relationship that can benefit both greatly.
They wanted to increase awareness and improve their image on social media through their students. ULB spread adjusted content to their different segments of ambassadors such as teachers, students, external fans, etc.
What they did, ULB created a landing page to inform about the concept of advocacy and ambassadorship. Furthermore they asked people to sign up to be an ambassador and which content they were interested in. They started to send campaigns 1 – 2 times per month with quality and highly targeted content for the students.
What they accomplished
- 2100 Ambassadors recruited.
- 95% still active after year one.
- Each ambassador generates an average of 28,3 clicks.
- 15% of the ambassadors share regularly on at least two social media channels.
GO! Onderwijs van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap
GO! Onderwijs van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap is a Flemish public institution. The goal is to connect all their employees and fans to spread awareness and share their values on social media.
Their main goals were:
- create awareness about the organisations mission and values
- promote their image through social media
- connect with all their proud employees and fans.
Firstly Go! Onderwijs had to identify their proud employees and ask them to join their ambassador programme. Afterwards they segmented their ambassadors according to their expertise and interest areas. To create a closer relationship with their ambassadors, Go! Onderwijs decided to only send their ambassadors exclusive content of their interest.
What they accomplished
- Quick response from the employees and creation of a community of 1600+ ambassadors.
- Noticeable increase in the engagement generated in social media.